Manager :Radio Planning
Joining Vodacom is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Strategic and Architectural planning and optimization for the end-to-end Radio Network to ensure optimal coverage, robustness, high quality and optimal capacities to support 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G network services. The role is also responsible for Radio Network CAPEX planning for optimal OPEX and project implementation robustness, high quality and optimal capacities to support 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G network services. The role is also responsible for Radio Network CAPEX planning for optimal OPEX and project implementation.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- CAPEX Budget and Strategic Network Planning for Optimal OPEX:
- Validation of Radio Network Plans: Review, analyze and validate nominal cell plans, coverage simulations, drive test logs and capacity dimensioning
- Develop, Implement and continuously evaluate network architecture and service design in compliance to International Commissio
- Radio Network Optimization
- Competitor Benchmarking
- KPI, Coverage, Capacity and Technology competitor analysis and benchmarking.
- Spectrum Management: Plan and execute efficient use of allocated radio spectrum and ensure regulatory compliance of spectrum use.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Excellent analytical and logical reasoning skills translated from technology and business insights
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to anticipate customer, competitor and market dynamics
- Planning, organizing skills and time management.
- Attention to details
- Strong Leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- University Degree in Electrical / Telecommunications Engineering
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Radio Network Planning and/or Optimisation
- Advanced knowledge of mobile telecommunications network architectures, particularly modern RAN technologies
- Proven experience of RAN KPI analysis and RAN features, parameter configuration and tuning.
- Proven project management skills.
- Must be able to work outside normal working hours when need be
- Network Access Technology
- Data Analytics and Insights
- Mobile and Network Security
- System, Service and Solution Development
- Testing and Evaluation
- Software Engineering and Robotics
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.